[SI-LIST] Re: package SSN model accuracy requirements, now Behavioral Modeling

  • From: "Donald Telian" <donaldt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Syed Huq" <shuq@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2005 10:14:16 -0800

Syed,

Sounds like our definitions of macromodeling are different.  According
to my definition when you put a current source in parallel with a B
element and an RLC circuit to demonstrate IvsT BIRD95, you were
"macromodeling".  My proposal to the IBIS Committee is to allow/enable
clever engineers to invent solutions just as you have done. =20

Call it what you will, but your IvsT implementation is a classic example
of what I'm talking about enabling.  Wouldn't you agree that allowing
SPICE B elements, paramters, and various current sources would permit
others to make and distribute models such as yours *within the spec*?=20

Donald

List FAQ wiki page is located at:

List technical documents are available at:
                http://www.si-list.org