[SI-LIST] Re: PCB thickness

  • From: "Bill Hargin \(In-Circuit Design\)" <b.hargin@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <b.hargin@xxxxxxxxxx>, <hitheshn@xxxxxxxxx>, "'Nobuyuki Kunito'" <kunito@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 2 Feb 2013 12:23:35 -0800

I didn't know how that was going to look after passing through the server
... This may be a little better.  Paste it into a text editor to get all of
the columns to line up.  (Sorry ... This is all in mils ... If you download
the eval software, it's easy to toggle back and forth between mils and
microns.)

Lyr  Description Lyr Name  Dk(Er)  T    S    Width  Zo  Zdiff

     Soldermask            3.3     0.5

1    Signal      Top               1.2  12   6.5    52  99

     Prepreg               4.0     4

2    Plane ----- GND ------------- 1.2

     Core                  4.0     6

3    Signal      Inner 3           1.2  12   4.5    52  101

     Prepreg               4.0     8

4    Plane ----- VCC ------------- 1.2

     Core                  4.0     3.0  << INTERPLANE CAPACITANCE

5    Plane ----- GND ------------- 1.2

     Prepreg               4.0     8

6    Signal      Inner 6           1.2  12   4.5    52  101

     Core                  4.0     6

7    Plane ----- VDD ------------- 1.2

     Prepreg               4.0     8

8    Signal      Inner 8           1.2  12   4.5    52  101

     Core                  4.0     6

9    Plane ----- GND ------------- 1.2

     Prepreg               4.0     4

10   Signal      Bottom            1.2  12   6.5    52  99

     Soldermask            3.3     0.5

Total Board Thickness=61.4 mil

Differential Signals: Zdiff=90 ohms
Layer  Spacing  Width  Zo      Zdiff