[SI-LIST] Re: PCB thickness

  • From: Istvan Novak <istvan.novak@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: hitheshn@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 02 Feb 2013 00:31:00 -0800

Hi Hithesh,

Different fab houses may have access to, or may prefer to use, different
laminates.
With your stackup, however, there seems to be a very simple solution.
Unless
you use L5 and L6 for broadside coupled differential routing, you can
ask the second
fab house to add board thickness by increasing the L3-L4 and L5-L6
thicknesses
by the same amount so that the total board thickness comes closer to
your target.

Regards,

Istvan Novak
Oracle