[SI-LIST] Re: PCB thickness

  • From: steve weir <weirsi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 02 Feb 2013 21:33:54 -0800

The design first has to work. Then it should have the lowest yielded
cost. If you have to scrap a substantial percentage of assemblies
because they fail due to warpage, or have PI or SI problems a lower
initial PCB cost can be a fool's paradise.

Steve.
On 2/2/2013 8:58 PM, Hithesh wrote:
> Bill,
> This is better, but it's a 10 Layer board. Higher $$.
>

> On Sun, Feb 3, 2013 at 1:53 AM, Bill Hargin (In-Circuit Design) <
> b.hargin@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> I didn't know how that was going to look after passing through the server
>> ... This may be a little better.  Paste it into a text editor to get all of
>> the columns to line up.  (Sorry ... This is all in mils ... If you download
>> the eval software, it's easy to toggle back and forth between mils and
>> microns.)
>>
>> Lyr  Description Lyr Name  Dk(Er)  T    S    Width  Zo  Zdiff
>>
>>       Soldermask            3.3     0.5
>>
>> 1    Signal      Top               1.2  12   6.5    52  99
>>
>>       Prepreg               4.0     4
>>
>> 2    Plane ----- GND ------------- 1.2
>>
>>       Core                  4.0     6
>>
>> 3    Signal      Inner 3           1.2  12   4.5    52  101
>>
>>       Prepreg               4.0     8
>>
>> 4    Plane ----- VCC ------------- 1.2
>>
>>       Core                  4.0     3.0  << INTERPLANE CAPACITANCE
>>

>> 5    Plane ----- GND ------------- 1.2
>>
>>       Prepreg               4.0     8
>>
>> 6    Signal      Inner 6           1.2  12   4.5    52  101
>>
>>       Core                  4.0     6
>>
>> 7    Plane ----- VDD ------------- 1.2
>>
>>       Prepreg               4.0     8
>>
>> 8    Signal      Inner 8           1.2  12   4.5    52  101
>>
>>       Core                  4.0     6
>>
>> 9    Plane ----- GND ------------- 1.2
>>
>>       Prepreg               4.0     4
>>
>> 10   Signal      Bottom            1.2  12   6.5    52  99
>>
>>       Soldermask            3.3     0.5
>>
>> Total Board Thicknessa.4 mil
>>
>> Differential Signals: Zdiff� ohms
>> Layer  Spacing  Width  Zo      Zdiff
>>    1    12       7.5    48.27   91.74
>>    3    12       5.5    47.53   92.26
>>    6    12       5.5    47.53   92.26
>>    8    12       5.5    47.53   92.26
>>   10   12       7.5    48.27   91.74

Steve Weir
IPBLOX, LLC
1580 Grand Point Way
MS 34689
Reno, NV  89523-9998
www.ipblox.com

(775) 299-4236 Business
(866) 675-4630 Toll-free
(707) 780-1951 Fax

All contents Copyright (c)2012 IPBLOX, LLC.  All Rights Reserved.
This e-mail may contain confidential material.
If you are not the intended recipient, please destroy all records
and notify the sender.

List forum  is accessible at:

List archives are viewable at: