[SI-LIST] Re: EMC

  • From: "George K." <emibgone@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 06 Nov 2003 04:01:28 -0000

Hi List-

  Maybe I've been away from this topic for too long.  Isn't it true
that EMC has a few general design pratices that negate the need for
this level of detailed analysis?
  For instance- what about the 20-H rule, or the "image plane"
technique?  Don't these design rules regularly solve the types of
internal PCB structure problems we are discussing?

  Before the flames start...  I am aware that they will not solve
all EMC problems, but they will certainly take care of most trace
radiation probelms, will they not?

  Perhaps someone more versed in these techniques can explain in
detail- I would certainly enjoy the education, as would others.

  Are there any EMC'ers out there who can bridge this understanding
gap between EMC and SI?

Thanks.  George.

--- In si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Michael E. Vrbanac" <vrbanacm@xxxx>
wrote:
> Hi, Vinu,
>
> Yes, radiation from such structures is possible but for the most

~~~ <snip all the rest >~~~

List archives are viewable at: