[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: interesting thought about dog diets.............

  • From: CherlynGSD@xxxxxxx
  • To: goodwitch132004@xxxxxxxxx, pmick@xxxxxxxxx, GrnRam415@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 2 Jan 2006 12:11:46 EST

Years ago these allergies were unheard of. Today everyone has some  sort of
allergy. Years ago the height of 6 foot was considered tall, now that is
average height. Years ago ethoxiquin was a major concern in dog foods, today
you
hear little about it yet it is still in some foods. In fact it is in or  used
in conjunction with foods we consume. Paprika contains ethoxiquin to hold  the
red color. It is also in the tissue paper that is wrapped around fruit for
shipping. It's purpose is to slow down the bruising process. Yet there is no
label around your fruit that tells you that. Do you believe that the
ethoxiquin
does not penetrate the skin of the fruit? Today in this mass  production
world, the need to have everything yesterday has caused a vicious  cycle. The
labels that are placed on the foods we eat or feed to are animals  only contain
the ingredients of what was put into the finished product, however  what is
unknown is what went into the product in prior stages. Even though
manufactures
claim that it is so small an amount by the time it gets to the  shelves that it
is not harmful, yet over time of consumption could there be  a build up?
Possibly an explanation for the human growth rate over time or the  break down
of
the immune system. While writing this I did a search on paprika  and found
this link

_http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/3961791.stm_
(http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/3961791.stm)  which  I found to be
interesting reading.

My point is, in answer to the question "What did the Indians do?"  The answer
is Natural ... no chemicals added. Over time it has become the price  we paid
to keep costs down and quantity up.

This is not meant to scare an cause panic but just to bring to  attention
that this type of thing has been happening for years. As the consumer  we need
aware of what goes on and maybe why.

JMHO - Lyn Chernak

In a message dated 1/2/2006 10:55:31 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
goodwitch132004@xxxxxxxxx writes:
on kids and food alergies... no corn and nuts- before the age of 4???   what
did the indians do?   corn and nuts have been staples in many  cultures for
many years, now there's allergies.   food for thought.  literally.