[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: interesting thought about dog diets.............

  • From: "arycrest@xxxxxxxxxxx" <arycrest@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pmick@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 2 Jan 2006 06:10:37 GMT

I just did a Google search and have to agree with Peggy, I could only find
headline news reports that the Gaston plant products were affected and
recalled.  First I searched for "diamond dog food recall" and then I narrowed
the search down to "diamond dog food recall california" and all I could find in
that range was that the plants in Meta, Missouri and Lathrop, California were
not affected by the recall.
I found an article from the Boston Globe that a WGSD was one of the victims of
the tainted food.

Maybe some of the distributors in California decided on their own to remove the
food from the shelves as a matter of caution?
http://news.google.com/news?q=diamond+dog+food+recall&hl=en&lr=&sa=N&tab=nn&oi=newsr

States Affected by the RecallAlabama
Connecticut
Delaware
Florida
Georgia
Kentucky
Maine
Maryland
Massachusetts
Michigan
Mississippi
New Hampshire
New Jersey
New York
North Carolina
Ohio
Pennsylvania
Rhode Island
South Carolina
Tennessee
Vermont
Virginia
West Virginia
Products Included in the RecallDiamond Premium Adult Dog Food
Diamond Hi-Energy Dog Food
Diamond Maintenance Dog Food
Diamond Professional for Adult Dogs
Diamond Performance Dog Food
Diamond Puppy Food
Diamond Low Fat Dog Food
Diamond Maintenance Cat Food
Diamond Professional Cat Food
Country Value Puppy
Country Value Adult Dog Food
Country Value High Energy Dog Food
Country Value Adult Cat Food
Professional Chicken & Rice Adult Dog Food
Professional Puppy Food
Professional Large-Breed Puppy Food
Professional Reduced Fat Cat Food
Professional Adult Cat Food

Gayle & the Hooligans!
Ringer-Honey-Kelly-Mac-Slider-Bruiser
Waiting at the Bridge:
Andy-Abbey-Tasha-Tex-Echo-Yukon-JR-Too-Niki-Bo

-- Peggy <pmick@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
your understanding is very different from mine, and from what was on
their website as recently as this morning.
it's also different from what's on the National News and on CNN
Peggy