[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: White GSD as a separate breed?

  • From: agray40366@xxxxxxx
  • To: stormygsd@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2010 15:31:17 EST

In a message dated 1/14/2010 1:51:52 PM Central Standard Time,
stormygsd@xxxxxxx writes:
Depends  what you consider healthy. The white dogs in those breeds are
actually have  some skin pigment. Several of them have health problems and most
of them have  many fewer than GSDs in general... We are not talking about
albinos or dogs  with the lethal white gene here.

Gee, in 40 years I've never owned anything but "regular" gsd's. I've had
torsion, dysplasia, pannus, missing teeth, myopathy, epi, and a couple with
temperaments so aggressive they probably were dangerous to strangers, long
coats, down ears, one with epilepsy, and what else is there that the whites
might have that I haven't already been through with our wonderful
foundation  lines out of some of our more famous lines in the show rings, but
frankly
 loosing one to torsion is the worse..
It' s a "herding" dog, a cattle dog breeder said " my cows don't care what
color the dog is"
Ann Gray