[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: White GSD as a separate breed?

  • From: kmgraphic2@xxxxxxx
  • To: cnnpmm2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2010 18:52:14 EST

look through the results of the WGSD Nationals - it will probably surprise
most people.  i think both evan ginsburg and karen hynek have judged their
national - talk to them about the dogs.  again, interesting.

i will agree with ann on this one - it's a DQ in our standard - let's leave
 it that way.
diane

Diane  Silver-Strasser
Silstra German Shepherds
http://skatiebugz.blogspot.com

In a message dated 1/14/2010 3:19:35 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
cnnpmm2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

A lot of  the whites I see still have a creamy yellow color mixed in with
the  white.  I think this is because of the colored dogs in the  pedigree.
Check out this bitch and her pedigree:
http://www.wgsdca.org/dogs/showDog.asp?name=vlamincks_diamond

A solid  black bitch was bred to a white dog to produce a black&silver
bitch.   The black&silver bitch was than bred to a black&tan.  This  breeding
produced the bitch in the picture -- a white.   Fascinating!

Paulette McGuirt, GSDCA  Member
Wellborn-Allemande German Shepherds
Qui Me Amat, Amat et Canem  Meam