[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: White GSD as a separate breed?

  • From: gsdshowman@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2010 16:08:14 EST

Well my thoughts are they should let the White GSD be in the breed classes
at least as breed variety. The truth is a white could blend with the sheep.
A  black would blend with the night. a black and tan could blend with
prairie  grass. Keep them as a breed variety it keeps our breed numbers. But
lets them show. I guess I am confused why anyone would care if a white is
shown in AKC. With as hard as its getting for majors I would love to see them
in
 the ring with me building some points sure are not getting enough breeders
of  black and tans building them in our area.

                             Gerald

_www.Geransgermanshepherd.com_ (http://www.geransgermanshepherd.com/)
Home  of
CH Geran's Always on My Mind ROM
Dam of 9 American Champions

In a message dated 1/14/2010 2:46:47 P.M. Central Standard Time,
versatilegsds@xxxxxxxxx writes:

Ann Gray wrote:
It' s a "herding" dog, a cattle dog  breeder said " my cows don't care what
color the dog is"

Yeah, but  it's tough when you can't tell the dog from the sheep <GRIN> or
they  get lost in the snowbanks <another grin>.   Imagine how much  fun it
could be playing hide and seek in winter?  They'd always  win!!!
Mary-Anne

original

ALL PERSONS ARE ON  NOTICE THAT THE FORWARDING, REPRODUCTION OR USE IN ANY
MANNER OF ANY  MATERIAL WHICH APPEARS ON SHOWGSD-L WITHOUT THE EXPRESS
PERMISSION OF ALL  PARTIES TO THE POST AND THE LIST MANAGEMENT IS EXPRESSLY
FORBIDDEN, AND IS  A VIOLATION OF LAW. VIOLATORS OF THIS PROHIBITION WILL
BE
PROSECUTED.

For assistance, please contact the List Management at  admin@xxxxxxxxxxxx

VISIT OUR WEBSITE - http://showgsd.org