[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: What Are We Willing To Give UP for Dogs and the Parent Club

  • From: "Caggra@xxxxxxx" <caggra@xxxxxxx>
  • To: myjoygs@xxxxxxx, ELG440@xxxxxxx, fk.fasano@xxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 08 Aug 2011 13:41:16 -0400

I think it's simpler than some would like to make it...

Entries are down, expenses are up.  We must change the way we do things period.

I am not sure about everyone else, but to me the memories of the National are
not about the Venue or any dinner.  Every National I have great memories of the
PEOPLE and the DOGS.   It's the one time a year we all get together for a week
and share experiences & exciting moments, catch up with those from others parts
of the country, and simply enjoy each other's company while we watch the magic
happen in the ring with our amazingly beautiful and intelligent dogs.  I don't
care if we have our Victory dinner or meetings at the show site, in a hotel, or
in a barn!   We'll have a great time with each other.  It's time to evolve and
we have choices now. So, let's make smart ones!   Pretty soon there will be no
more choices, as they will be made for us and may not be pretty.

The club should also be engaging the younger generation in these conversations
as they are the ones who have the most to lose or gain.  We actually have quite
a few younger folks with new fresh ideas, but they are often discarded or
ignored... and that is a shame...

Jeff Pyle
Windfall