[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: What Are We Willing To Give UP for Dogs and the Parent Club

  • From: "Caggra@xxxxxxx" <caggra@xxxxxxx>
  • To: terraf@xxxxxxxxxxxx, nancy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, fk.fasano@xxxxxxxxx, fk.fasano@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 08 Aug 2011 09:21:59 -0400

Terra,

You bring up SO many good points.  Points that from what I hear are very very
common among members!   You (and others) may be surprised that I agree with
just about all you have said! <vbg>

A few additions to your comments...

Regarding the Review - There must be other options out there which would create
& allow less expensive advertising for the membership.  We need to seek that
out and not just accept what has always been.  Find an alternative and make the
Review cost effective for the membership.  Less expensive ads will translate
into more advertising.

I like your idea of at least temporarily having Nationals outside and central.
What better way to save a ton of money and increase entries.  Sometimes simple
is good.

Futurities - Absolutely these should be done by the regional clubs!   AND the
Purina money should be going to those clubs to help make them successful!

Lastly, on another note, I was told this weekend that the GSDCA was able to
secure the stalls at the National without any additional cost to the club.
Um...FREE!   But yet, the cost to the membership remains the same - $115.
Quite honestly, that is just disgusting and that is a prime example of why
people are fed up.  The GSDCA should be passing savings like that on to the
membership.  Charge $50 for the week.  The GSDCA will still be profiting a lot
of $$, but the membership will be saving $$ and will be grateful for it!   It's
not rocket science.   How annoying....

I do know that there are several board members who agree with the above...so I
don't want the above viewed as a blanket statement of the board.  I have spoken
to board members who share the same frustrations and to those, I applaud your
efforts.  Thank you for hanging in there and speaking on behalf of the
membership.

Jeff Pyle
Windfall