[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Victory Dinner

  • From: EJDegen@xxxxxxx
  • To: CagGra@xxxxxxx, f.fasano@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 9 Nov 2005 09:43:05 EST

In a message dated 11/9/2005 9:39:13 AM Eastern Standard Time, CagGra  writes:
 I thought the food and the atmosphere for the Victory Dinner was  far less
than desirable.   Anyone remember the Columbus National  Dinner a few years
ago?  It was beautiful, elegant, and the food was very  good.  I would pay $50
for a dinner like that every year, but I wouldn't  pay $10 for a dinner like we
had last week.
We either need to have a truly nice dinner like the Columbus year and do  it
right...OR...do what Lew said and just have a more informal dinner after  the
show on Saturday.   However, trying to portray an elegant  Victory Dinner and
falling way short is no good.

My favorite Victory dinner was in St. Louis.  Wasn't it at a place  called
the Columns (?) or something like that.  Food was served family  style on the
table (not usually something I like, but it worked).  The food  was
*spectacular* and the atmosphere was great.  It was a long way from the  show
site, but it
was worth it.

Julie Degen