[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Suspicious puppy calls

  • From: "Carolyn Martello" <marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <brittaleahnasa@xxxxxxxxx>, <ketchy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <arcturus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 7 Oct 2011 10:48:50 -0700

We had the Sheriff's Dept. come to us years ago looking for a dog for their
program.
They had spent a fortune  ( approximately $5,000 a dog )  for 5 black Belgian
Sheepdogs
from Belgium.    NONE had passed the sound test.
They asked if we had any young males.   We did.....but we also had a female
that we knew would
be excellent for the job.    The male was barely 6 mos. old and they came and
tested him.....he
passed the preliminary testing.....but they wanted to leave him with us to
raise till they felt he was
old enough for more serious testing.   I placed him as a wonderful pet as I
wanted him to have a home
and not sit here waiting......
They would not even consider the female .....although the time they spent with
her they felt she would be
excellent.    ( she was about a year....strong and athletic  )    They liked
her a lot,  but their head trainer
in command of dogs for training would not even consider a female no matter how
Their loss.......

Carolyn    marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.Marhaven.com