[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: So here's a thought....

  • From: grnram415@xxxxxxx
  • To: spotted101@xxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2009 15:15:25 -0500

Jess,
That was my point.  I do what I can as a breeder and I give my puppy people
tons of info on performance events and stress the need for a GSD to have a
job.  But, I am just one person.  It's like a kid, you can tell them
something, but unless someone in whom they respect, tells them the same thing,
it's just empty words.  The AKC needs to back us up if they want to continue
to be the TOP registry in the U.S.  The AKC is a respected organization and if
they would put the effort in on education and reaching out to the purebred pet
buyers, to do something with their dogs, they could recover some of the losses
from the lack of registrations and maybe even increase registrations.  It is
not our problem.  We can only do so much.  Without back up and education from
AKC, why would pet people care?  Why would they spend the money in this
economy?  Give them a reason for the prestige and being proud of their dogs
and their accomplishments.  It seems the AKC has tunnel vision right now.
Increase registries and they will survive.  Nevermind the other things that
dog owners care about.  JMHO

Laura