[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: So here's a thought....

  • From: Scharo777@xxxxxxx
  • To: spotted101@xxxxxxxxxxx, GrnRam415@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2009 17:36:16 EST

Almost every meeting.  I had a program about the dangerous dog laws  and how
important it could be to have a CGC on your dog, especially for you  insurance
company.  I taught a CGC class and the club didn't charge for  it.  We gave a
FREE CGC exam.  I will save that about 9 club  members participated but only
three came out for the test.  (ANd all three  pasted, thank you very much)
I gave a free conformation class every year before our shows.  I  invite
people to go to local all breed shows with me.  We are getting ready  to offer
club members free Ralley classes.  I arrange to visit a herding  place where
they
can check their dogs herding instincts.  About 10 people  came last year, but
no one was really interested in herding except Amy and my  daughter.  They do
have dogs in training.  And interestingly enough,  both Amy and my daughter's
dogs passed the CGC test.
Basically people lead busy lives and aren't really interested in working
with their dogs.  Those who are interested find a way.  Those who are  not
interested - boy , you just can't get them permanently off their  couch.  (You
can
lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink)
Telling people about activities does not seem to work.  Showing isn't
working either.  Any other ideas?
Carol Moore

In a message dated 2/18/2009 3:23:26 P.M. Central Standard Time,
spotted101@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:
Can you  actually tell me, with a straight face that you are actively telling
your pet  folks all the interesting things they can do with their dogs?
Seriously -  especially people who only have mostly bred dogs for the breedring
and
very  few dogs with other titles... And I am not excluding  myself.

**************Need a job? Find an employment agency near you.
(http://yellowpages.aol.com/search?query=employment_agencies&ncid=emlcntusyelp00000003)