[ SHOWGSD-L ] So here's a thought....

  • From: Jessica MacMillan <spotted101@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2009 13:48:06 -0600

Lots of people have mentioned the fact that they see no reason why pet people
should register their dogs and that AKC should cut their costs. Also, many
people felt that AKC (yes, the American Kennel Club) should do some thing to
make it more appetizing for people to register their dogs and get them involved.

Isn't THAT the responsibility of the breeder? Shouldn't the breeder point out
the things that Kathy mentioned (health insurance, etc), plus all the things
you could do with your registered spayed/neutered dog - obedience, tracking, be
involved in breed clubs, etc?

One thing that is written into our dal contract is that ALL puppies must attend
a Puppy K class and a regular obedience class.. You know how many people get
hooked from those? It is well worth it - even if people only get a CGC or a RN
or a CD.....

It's up to US to make it enticing for people to register, not the AKC!!!

DoG knows we need all the new folks we can get!!!!

Jess M.
Paisley Dals (www.paisleydals.com)
& The Shepherd Girls (Simmie, CGC, TDI, TC, HIC & Pepper, HIC)
Member of: DCA, GSDCA & GTCDC

See how Windows Mobile brings your life together?at home, work, or on the go.