[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Sign only if you must

  • From: InquestGSD@xxxxxxx
  • To: inflight2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, triplea7@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 6 Aug 2007 08:11:51 EDT

This is a great idea. Puts the dogs welfare in the hands of those who  should
be responsible in the first place. The breeders.  Add something  about not
selling dogs commercially.  Good one Kathaleen.

Ileana

In a message dated 8/5/2007 7:26:56 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
_inflight2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (mailto:inflight2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) ,  writes:
> I  believe the GSDCA should have a MEMBERS Code of Ethics as a mandatory
>  membership requirement which only deals with the following sample  wording:
>
> As a MEMBER I resolve to abide by the By-Laws and  standards as set down by
> the G.S.D.C.A. Inc. and always conduct myself  in a manner that will be
> beneficial to the G.S.D.C.A. Inc., the Breed,  and its image.  I also agree
> to abide by Rules and Regulations as  set down by the AKC (or my country's
> breed registry body), and agree  to uphold the AKC Code of Sportsmanship.
>
> As a BREEDER I  resolve to devote my efforts to the improvement of the
Breed by maintaining  high standards of temperament and physical soundness in
my
> breeding  stock and insisting that the stud dogs I use for breeding
purposes are of  the same high standard.

> As an INDIVIDUAL with a special  interest in the Breed, I resolve to
maintain personal contact with all  animals under my care and insure that
they are
> kept properly and  parasite free, to share my knowledge with other members,
> and to  support the G.S.D.C.A. Inc. in all its endeavors.
>
> Failure to  abide by these Codes of Ethics can result in disciplinary
action as  described by Article VII of the GSDCA Bylaws and expulsion from
>  membership in the GSDCA

.Regards,