[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Sign only if you must

  • From: "" <hckryhillgsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Kathaleen Strong" <inflight2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, triplea7@xxxxxxx, ELG440@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, TishWalker5@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 5 Aug 2007 18:04:45 -0500

I WOULD sign this! I am also in agreement with Kathaleen's point that some
who are proposing more "teeth" in the Code are not breeders, but buyers and
backers of dogs. Easy to say what you think should be done, when your not
doing it! Christine

hckryhillgsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Steve and Christine Grainger
WWW.HICKORYHILLGSD.COM

> Dear Mr. Amoroso:
>
> Having gone and read the Colonial Rottweiler Club's Code of Ethics, I have
> to believe that you are having a bout of confusion.
>
> Based upon what I read on that form, found at:
> http://www.colonialrottclub.org/app.pdf, Page 2, It is extremely similar
in
> intent as the GSDCA's Code of Ethics, right down to the Breeder being hung
> out to dry with little recourse and all the protections in place for the
> buyer of the dogs.
>
> I think you really need to pay a little closer attention to the fact that
> the membership of the GSDCA is made up with a minority of breeders.
> Anymore, a large number of members are people who either do not breed,
never
> did breed or never intend on breeding German Shepherd Dogs.
>
> I believe the GSDCA should have a MEMBERS Code of Ethics as a mandatory
> membership requirement which only deals with the following sample wording:
>
> As a MEMBER I resolve to abide by the By-Laws and standards as set down by
> the G.S.D.C.A. Inc. and always conduct myself in a manner that will be
> beneficial to the G.S.D.C.A. Inc., the Breed, and its image.  I also agree
> to abide by Rules and Regulations as set down by the AKC (or my country's
> breed registry body), and agree to uphold the AKC Code of Sportsmanship.
>
> As a BREEDER I resolve to devote my efforts to the improvement of the
Breed