[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Pano or Lyme

  • From: CMILL189@xxxxxxx
  • To: TISHW@xxxxxxx, Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx, hollywoods@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 18 May 2008 19:36:50 EDT

I did not know lyme was symptomatic so soon. I thought it took a few  weeks
or months before the dogs  became symptomatic. My vet had  not treated any
puppies this young with Lyme before, when I asked him about the  Golden puppy.
   I tested one of my adult males about 2 years ago because I  thought he was
a bit sad, He is usually a very  happy dog, no other  symptoms, his C6 was
the highest my vet had ever seen. The only symptom was a  very slight change in
personality. He was about 490 on the C6, my vet was  shocked as He did think I
was a bit overboard requesting the test.
  This Owners with the Golden puppy notified their breeder  immediately, so
she could tell the other puppy buyers, as their vets may not  think of lyme so
early on. They did not request that the breeder do anything,  and did not
blame the breeder. They just asked me the question in  class from a Breeders
point
of view. It gave me food for thought, especially due  to the fact that maybe
the pup did get the tic bite at the breeders home. and  what if he has flare
ups for the rest of his life?
Does anyone know a site where it says how long before the pup can show
symptoms?

Craig and Cindy Miller
MillerTime Shepherds
German  Shepherds with Style