[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Pano or Lyme

  • From: "Norma Ramey" <gsdramey@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <CMILL189@xxxxxxx>, <hollywoods@xxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 18 May 2008 17:01:13 -0500

Yikes, I agree, it is a very interesting question on the responsibility of
an ailment
that may very well have already been existing with the animal and symptoms &
all not showing up for a while after going to the new home ---  Very
difficult to
prove one way or another I'd say tho.   However, as we've discussed so often
here, contracts, health certificates and other important parts of what may
be
needed with our 4 legged kids can be quite detailed at times.
I know I had to be sure all was well with the boarding animals I have had
thru
the years.  I took care of so many different kinds, other than dogs, I tried
to be
sure individual care was given and I tried to know the Vet and the Owners as
often as possible, to keep up with stuff.   I've never seen any Lyme cases
at all.

Guess since the Golden had already been with the new owners a bit, I'd say
it'd be a bit late to attempt to put pressure on the Breeder for
responsibility.
However, just like everything else, it depends on how proper the Breeder is.
It would be well to make contact anyway, checking on the other members of
that litter and the dam etc.  Even if it would just be to let them know
this, but
if they take any kind of responsibility, it would be good, but would
surprise me.
Let us know as I really feel the Breeder needs to be informed.       Norma
no L