[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Pano or Lyme

  • From: TISHW@xxxxxxx
  • To: Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx, CMILL189@xxxxxxx, hollywoods@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 18 May 2008 18:24:58 EDT

In a message dated 5/18/2008 5:58:11 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx writes:
Why do  you say that?  Dogs can be symptomatic in a matter of 2-3 days  from
the time they are bitten, and you can't use the most common vaccine  until
10
weeks w/ a booster 2 weeks  later.

I have to agree with Kathy on this one.  If they had the puppy for 4-5  weeks
before the symptoms showed up, the puppy most likely was bitten by a tick
while with the new owners.  Reminds me of the time I had a puppy buyer call  me
after having the puppy several weeks (or more) and ranted and raved about the
puppy having bad hips.  Well, as it turned out, the puppy didn't have bad
hips.  They had allowed the puppy to tear around the yard and the puppy had
pulled a ligament as a result.  Not my fault.  They did apologize for  being so
nasty in the beginning.  And the puppy recovered.

Tish

favorites at AOL Food.