[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Pano or Lyme

  • From: "Ginger Cleary" <cleary1414@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Showgsd-L@Freelists. Org" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 18 May 2008 18:28:04 -0400

The symptoms of Lyme disease in dogs differ from those in people, and
usually occur much later after the tick bite. Clinical illness in dogs
usually occurs 2 to 5 MONTHS after initial exposure and the likelihood of
disease and the severity of the disease seems to vary with the animal's age
and immune status.  This pup would have had to been bitten before 8 weeks
old.

That said... I don't know why there always has to be someone to "blame".
Even dogs on tick preventative can be bitten by a tick. And a puppy that
young wouldn't be on tick meds yet.

Ginger Cleary
"... more harm and misery have been caused by men determined to use coercion
to stamp out a moral evil than by men intent on doing evil."-- Fredrich v
Hayek
My Ebay site <http://stores.ebay.com/The-Crafty-K9_W0QQssPageNameZl2QQtZkm>
My Cafepress store <http://www.cafepress.com/thecraftyk9>
Rome, GA http://www.rihadin.com/