[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Not Rocket Science...?

  • From: TISHW@xxxxxxx
  • To: scenecrest.geo@xxxxxxxxx, marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2012 10:18:23 -0500 (EST)

This person is not a member of the GSDCA but states on her homepage that
she "follows" the GSDCA Breeder's Code.  Then if you look further through
her site she states that she is a "signer" of the UKC Breeder's Code.  By
putting the GSDCA Breeder's Code statement on her home page she implies a
connection to the GSDCA.  Very deceptive in my opinion.

Tish

In a message dated 2/28/2012 9:49:29 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
scenecrest.geo@xxxxxxxxx writes:
If you  read all their information on the site you will see the information
on  color
and health  guarantee.

http://www.gaardog.com/health.htm

I do  not believe they are irresponsible as a few other sites is all I
meant.

Theresa

On Tue, 2/28/12, Carolyn  Martello <marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

So if they have  German lines the white disqualification does not count??
Many faults are  recessive that have showed up through history.   The key
is  to
not deliberately breed the fault......particularly a disqualifying  fault.

Axel did have poor pigment..... and it was one of his breed  warnings I
believe.
The 'key' to breeding is..... most who utilized Lance  did not continue to
breed the
faults in just because they preferred  them.....ie....length, pigment,
feet, etc.

I've had a few  conversations of the person that started the "Panda"
shepherds.
She  e-mailed me the photos of both parents.    Pigment was an issue as I
recall...and
a lot of white on one of them....I just don't recall if it was  the sire or
the dam.   We
could all develop that if we chose  to........but NOT and follow the Breed
Standard.

YEP........all  those sites I posted have color faults.........including
the  whites!   <G>

Carolyn     marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.Marhaven.com