[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Not Rocket Science...?

  • From: Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx
  • To: zrockenstein@xxxxxxxxx, foxhavengs@xxxxxxx, marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2012 07:54:18 -0500 (EST)

Please, I'm begging you, send this to the Board.

Kathy, member GSDCA, DVGSDC
Celebrating generations  of Dual Titled TC'd Champions

In a message dated 2/28/2012 4:39:57 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
zrockenstein@xxxxxxxxx writes:

Denise,  if you will look at the complete gaardog site, you will see whites
 and off colors as well.  I am glad that people are looking at these
sites.  If you haven't looked at the sites Carolyn posted, please scroll  down
her email below and do so!  I don't think that attracting  people like this
as new members to our club is a good idea.  They can  keep both their money
and their votes, as far as I am concerned!  It  appears that many of the
people who breed whites also breed these off-colors  and patterns.  If we buy
the DNA argument for bringing whites into the  breed, by removing it as a DQ
fault, the same argument will be made for the  other colors and patterns.
We will have no defense against  that. Let the white-only breeders go their
own way, and form their  own breed with their lovely, talented dogs, with
our blessing!  This is  the only way we can maintain the integrity of our
Standard, and our  organization, under the pressure of the
"designer dog"  movement.

This is not a "fairness" issue.  I do not feel  sorry for people who
intentionally disregard our Breed Standard in their  breeding programs whether
they want to compete in conformation or performance.  It is not the job of the
GSDCA to cater to them by allowing them to be  eligible for performance
"awards of merit" at our National.   According to our mission statement, which
you can read on our website, part of  the mission of this organization is to
"promote the Breed Standard" when  considering who gets "awards of merit".
That is why these two issues  have to be considered together.  In order to
allow dogs with  disqualifying characteristics to compete for performance
victor/victrix  awards, we would have to either change the Standard (removing
the DQ for  whites and then opening the door to the off-colors because we
would have  removed all argument against that by removing the DQ for the
whites) or change  our mission statement.  Either of these actions
SHOULD require full  participation of the membership.  I think the Board
acted too hastily,  and without knowledge of the possible ramifications of
this issue.  This  is an issue that needs to be decided by the membership after
a full  investigation of the possible consequences has been published in
the Review  for all members to see.

I think this board decision was  hasty, ill-conceived, and should be
reversed, pending an investigation into  this very important matter with
significant implications for both our  Breed Standard and our Mission Statement
as an
organization.

Dr. Zoa  Rockenstein
www.riverrockgermanshepherds.com
Home of Multiple  Group Winner  GCH RiverRock's Hotel California (Callie)
HSAs RN  BN
Group Winner Ch. RiverRock's Straight From The Heart HSAsd
and the  new kid RiverRock's One Fine  Day

>________________________________

standard of German  Shepherds do not include colors of fawn,tan,blue,panda
and the quality or lack  of makes it even worse. They are not selling German
Shepherds they are selling  genatic lab creations and passing them off as
German Shepherds and I think  GSDCA or AkC or who ever should denie the right
of calling these animals  German Shepherds. JMO
>Denise Fox
>Foxhavengs
>Home of  GCH.Foxhaven Good Girl Gone Bad of Windfall (AKA Rihanna)
>Sent from my  Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

Standard!!
>www.gaardog.com
>www.kerstoneshepherds.net
>www.angelicshepherds.com
>www.furrarikennels.com
>www.pandashepherds.com
>
>www.7csshepherds.com
>
>www.k9pines.com
>
>www.owlgrovegsd.com
>

>Are we SURE we want  to actually ignore a disqualifying
fault..........just because
>the DNA  is German Shepherd Dog???   ( here is your results!! )     Once
you go
>down this road........it will be  hard to get back on  track.   Our
membership will fill
>up with those who vote  along  these lines with the steps the Board has
taken.
>*
>We  should never ignore and use  a disqualifying fault for the purpose of
increasing
>a membership in spite of our Standard..... just for  financial purposes
and numbers!!
>*
>Notice these are being passed  off as show dogs and breeding stock.
>I'm no Rocket Scientist....but I  don't think there is ANY A.K.C. Breed
that
>allows all and any color and  marking!??    Are we sure we want to present
this
>as the  face of the German Shepherd Dog and acceptable by the German
>Shepherd  Dog Club Of America, Inc. as we ignore our own mission
statement?
>*
>I don't think those who want to separate their  beautiful white dogs would
ever
>do this kind of breeding for  marketing.   I think it is time we listened
to them and
>allow  them their place in the world as they choose.
>*
>Sadly the  temptation and decision  to ignore our Standard always seems to
be
>dominated by the dollar.
>

>Carolyn     marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>www.Marhaven.com

>POST  is Copyrighted 2011.  All material remains the property of the
any kind  are permitted without prior permission of the original author AND
of the  Showgsd-l Management. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

>Each Author is  responsible for the content of his/her post.  This group
and its  administrators are not responsible for the comments or opinions
expressed in  any post.

>ALL PERSONS ARE ON NOTICE THAT THE FORWARDING,  REPRODUCTION OR USE IN ANY
MANNER OF ANY MATERIAL WHICH APPEARS ON SHOWGSD-L  WITHOUT THE EXPRESS
PERMISSION OF ALL PARTIES TO THE POST AND THE LIST  MANAGEMENT IS EXPRESSLY
FORBIDDEN, AND IS A VIOLATION OF LAW. VIOLATORS OF  THIS PROHIBITION WILL BE
PROSECUTED.

>For assistance, please  contact the List Management at admin@xxxxxxxxxxx
>
>VISIT OUR  WEBSITE - http://showgsd.org
>NATIONAL BLOG -  http://gsdnational.blogspot.com/
>POST  is Copyrighted 2011.  All material remains the property of the
any kind  are permitted without prior permission of the original author AND
of the  Showgsd-l Management. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

>Each Author is  responsible for the content of his/her post.  This group
and its  administrators are not responsible for the comments or opinions
expressed in  any post.

>ALL PERSONS ARE ON NOTICE THAT THE FORWARDING,  REPRODUCTION OR USE IN ANY
MANNER OF ANY MATERIAL WHICH APPEARS ON SHOWGSD-L  WITHOUT THE EXPRESS
PERMISSION OF ALL PARTIES TO THE POST AND THE LIST  MANAGEMENT IS EXPRESSLY
FORBIDDEN, AND IS A VIOLATION OF LAW. VIOLATORS OF  THIS PROHIBITION WILL BE
PROSECUTED.

>For assistance, please  contact the List Management at admin@xxxxxxxxxxx
>
>VISIT OUR  WEBSITE - http://showgsd.org
>NATIONAL BLOG -  http://gsdnational.blogspot.com/

POST  is Copyrighted 2011.  All material remains the property of the

expressed in any post.