[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Movement - My Take - Maybe Controversial for Thoughts

  • From: Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx
  • To: izakabuska@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, spotted101@xxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2008 10:27:57 EDT

I can picture what Jess is saying <G>.  What she's calling  "flashing legs"
we call "runners" and some of  the old timers even call  them "quick steppers".
 And yes, you do see these at specialties instead of  all breed rings because
their owners are usually smart enough to pick the right  venue for their
dogs.  Is it correct....no.

I've heard the term "big mover" in both horses and dogs, and sometimes it's
correct and other times it's not,  it all depends on the rest of the  package:)

Kathy, member GSDCA, DVGSDC
visit www.geocities.com/pinehillgsds

In a message dated 7/15/2008 10:21:33 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
izakabuska@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

Gosh -  I've never heard side-gaiting as being referred to as "Big", nor have
I  ever heard the expression "flashing legs" - I guess I haven't been in the
breed long enough (30+ years and multiple Champions and ROM  bitches).

Iza Kabuska
http://www.Karizmashepherds.com