[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Movement - My Take - Maybe Controversial for Thoughts

  • From: "Louis Christina" <louroshepherds@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: caggra@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2008 19:40:22 GMT

Hey Jeff, Well said. Couldn't have been said any better. ____Louie

-----Original Message-----
From: caggra@xxxxxxx
Sent: Wednesday, July 16, 2008 12:07 PM
To: pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx, marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Movement - My Take - Maybe Controversial for Thoughts

Peggy, I don't know about from the center of the ring, but coming from someone
that has to show these animals to the best of my ability -?a small ring does
not showcase a good mover's attributes.? So, you may be able to evaluate
movement in any ring, but what you are seeing may not be the best some animals
have to offer because their movement is being distorted by taking 2 steps turn,
2 steps turn and the handler having to control this motion and guide them
through 4 very quick corners.?? Do this at an inside all breed on mats and you
have even more complications.?
Jeff Pyle

From: "Carolyn Martello" <marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

> Yes a correct moving and long striding German Shepherd Dog can move
> correctly in
> a small ring Jessica .....just as they can in their kennels or pens or
> small yards.
> HOWEVER.....where is the "joy"  in seeing the length of stride and correct
> precision
> balance and beautiful topline and ground covering stride when they are in
> the same
> sized ring that Corgi's or Shelties are Judged in?

MANNER
ALL