[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: I learned

  • From: "Chris S. Kimerer" <tanbarkgsd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: The List <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2010 08:48:06 -0700 (PDT)

Not to be argumentative here, but having had a GSDCA AOE, there is nothing easy
about it, at least it was not for me.  No matter which venue one shows in, it
still takes the dedication in time and money to commit to take a dog to that
level.  There might be more leniency on the # of Selects a judge can award in
the GSDCA, but I don't consider it just a token title.  As I have said before,
I show in both venues and personally admire any dog that achieves those levels,
no matter which ring it is in.

Chris

Chris S. (Jolley)  Kimerer
www.tanbarkgsd.com

Ch. Trotwood's Emerald v Tanbark Joelle Aramist
AOE Sel.Ex.Ch.Carousel Farms Samantha, PT, TC OFA H/E
Ch. CaralonQED JD Drew Bleibtreu, RN OFA H/E

From: <cnnpmm2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: I learned
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2010 16:32:58 -0400

I have not been able to watch the Eukanuba AKC Invitational Show for years and
I was confused about the AKC JAM/AOE award.  So, I asked and I learned the
following:
"The AKC JAM/AOE" Award is received when your dog is NOT awarded Best of Breed
and NOT awarded Best Opposite Sex at the Eukanuba AKC Invitational Show but
still acknowledged by the all breed judge on that day, as having merit. A
ribbon is presented to the dogs that did not go BOB or BOS but the judge felt
should receive another award that says, "Award of Excellence."

Now, I have lots of questions regarding the AKC "Grand Champion" title.

Paulette McGuirt, GSDCA Member
Wellborn-Allemande German Shepherds
Qui Me Amat, Amat et Canem Meam

Penny Stock Jumping 2000%