[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: How does this help them win.

  • From: InquestGSD@xxxxxxx
  • To: rbuffdogs@xxxxxxxxx, tanksr@xxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2012 20:19:33 -0400 (EDT)

No one is afraid, and no one is discouraging.  Long coats can show  right
now, no need for new classes, no need for special dispensations.   Just pay
your entry and take your chances.  Trust me, been there, done  that, and have
the championship to show for.

Maybe more emphasis should be placed in fault judging rather than starting
an unnecessary "special" class.
Lets give everyone a trophy so nobody's feeling get hurt.  Come  on!!

* Ileana  *
Love me, love my dogs.

In a message dated 6/19/2012 9:46:08 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
rbuffdogs@xxxxxxxxx writes:

Personally I would like to have someone, anyone give me a single  valid
reason NOT
to do this. What are you afraid of?  In a time  where clubs are struggling
to make entries,
the Nationals is lucky to be  a 5 pt Major, we want to discourage
participation..are you  kidding?
Please give me chapter and verse as to why we shouldn't ?
Or is  it that some don't want the "status quo" to  change?
Kathy
*http://www.victorygermanshepherds.com*
*Updated: May  2012*
*CH. Elvaston's Nations Cup TC, 26 BOBs
CH. Victory's  Leviathan
**CH. Garter's E-Male of Fran-Jo Anne Isle *
*RBIF Monarch's  Tarragon v Kaleef*
*
*
*"Victory...*Vires et honestas"

On  Tue, Jun 19, 2012 at 5:22 PM, Ken Tank <tanksr@xxxxxxxxx>  wrote:

> As it  stands now, most judges place too much negative  emphasis on the
long
> coat. Having a separate class for them might just  get judges to realize
> it's only a fault (hey, they may even look it up  and read the
Standard!). I
> think that is the point.
> The point  I am missing is "why not?". What could it possibly hurt to try
> it? We  just might get more people interested. If it isn't successful what
>  have we lost?
>
> Ken
>
> On Tue, Jun 19, 2012 at 5:12  PM, <ELG440@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > OK. How will having a  class allow them to win? Won't they have to
compete
> > with the  class winners?  If they could not beat the class winners in
the
>  > class, why would they beat them in the winner's class.
>  >
> > I think I must be missing a point, since people much smarter  than me
seem
> > to have an answer I don't understand.
>  >
> > Evan L.  Ginsburg
>  >

POST  is Copyrighted 2011.  All material remains the property of the

expressed in any post.