[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: GSDCA

  • From: Kathy Tank <rbuffdogs@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: d_fritsche@xxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 5 May 2009 18:25:53 -0700

Thank you for clarifying Dave,
While I am sure that the economy has caused some difficulties for Board
members,
I can assure you they are in no way alone.  I know of very few people not
hit hard by the current disaster of an economy we have.
  We have members who have or are on the brink of
losing livelihoods, homes, retirements...if they haven't already.   Yet we
are supposed to worry about HOW a Board member
gets to a meeting?
We have regional clubs just barely hanging on, with their purses drained and
abilities pushed to the limit.
We have people that no longer can afford to exhibit at even local shows,
much less be worried about
how to get to a National.  Our membership across the board is suffering,
which is having a direct impact on
clubs and entries.
Maybe instead of being so worried for the  Board members that can't get to
their designated meetings,
we should be LOOKING FOR ALTERNATIVE means of holding meetings through
conference call and internet meetings.   It was alleviate any problem of
getting Board members and Officers to meetings, because it can be done
anywhere.  it would negate any excuses by Board members and officers as to
why they were "no shows" at meetings.
 It would save the PC thousands  THOUSANDS every year in costs for
reimbursing Board Members and officers for expenses of meetings. It could in
turn be used for failing / struggling regional clubs, members in serious
trouble, reduced costs for memberships / ads in the Review/ even entries.
  It is hard to take seriously any 'worry" about Board Members and Officers
unable to attend
meetings , when there are FAR greater concerns for the club and its
membership these days.

If getting to Board meetings is a problem, then why not discuss how to do it
(with our marvelous technology) without personal appearances.  Goodness
knows every major and minor corporation in the world is able to...why not
the GSDCA?

Kathy Tank
http://www.victorygermanshepherds.com
~or~
http://www.germanshepherdssocal.com
PUP-DATED:  April 24, 2009
Home of:

CH. Elvaston's Nations Cup TC, 26 BOBs
CH. Victory's Leviathan
CH. Garter's E-Male of Fran-Jo Anne Isle

WE SUPPORT DRUG AND DYE TESTING