[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: GSDCA

  • From: TISHW@xxxxxxx
  • To: Kmgraphic2@xxxxxxx, AKeller97@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 5 May 2009 17:12:26 EDT

In a message dated 5/5/2009 4:57:02 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, Kmgraphic2
writes:
with all  due respect, tish, this is a dog club with VOLUNTEERS serving on
the board.  while i don't think anyone has complained about travel and hotel
 expenses being paid or any per diem in place, why on earth should anyone
in  the club be "paid" to work for the club at the national?  most of us who
are GSDCA members are

I agree with you.  If you remember right, I did 20 years as National
Futurity Chair with no pay - and that was close to a full time job.  It was
brought up for discussion.  No action was taken and not much was discussed
about it because it was at the very end of the meeting.  There is a problem
when you start paying people when it is basically a volunteer  organization.
Then we should all be paid.  I doubt this will go  anywhere with the Board.

Tish
**************Remember Mom this Mother's Day! Find a florist near you now.
(http://yellowpages.aol.com/search?query=florist&ncid=emlcntusyelp00000006)