[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: GSDCA

  • From: Stormy Hope <Stormy435@xxxxxxx>
  • To: AKeller97@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 5 May 2009 13:36:56 -0700

I don't know what the motion was or what it covered.  Board members
get their expenses paid to go to Board meetings, no?  And there is a
Board meeting at the National... I can see the though process there,
but surely there is something different between "normal" board
meetings and the truncated one at the National.  I'm sure that Board
members will enlighten us.

On May 5, 2009, at 1:27 PM, AKeller97@xxxxxxx wrote:

> I wonder if our members are aware that a motion had been made at the
> Board
> meeting to cover expenses for board members to the National by the
> Parent
> club.
> This is really going a little over board, don't you think.  The
> money  in
> the Parent club is  for the sole purpose of the dogs, not paying
> for  every
> little whim that comes up.
> THIS IS TOTALLY WRONG, that money could help some of the regional
> clubs
> SURVIVE IF YOU WANT TO SPEND  MONEY.
> Board members were well aware of what was to be expected when they
> decided to sit on the board. NATIONAL EXPENSES WERE NOT PART OF IT
> I WOULD THINK THAT ALL THE PEOPLE WHO ARE VOLUNTEERING NOW SHOULD
> ALSO
> GET PAID AND THEIR EXPENSES ALSO PAID TO GO TO THE NATONAL. YEAH
> RIGHT!!!!!!!!!

Stormy Hope
www.carpoc.org
AKC Legislative Liaison, GSDCA
Sunshine Squad <showgsd.org/sunshine.html)
GSDs and more