[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Entries

  • From: Sally Hayden <dan-ann@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <nancy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <scharo777@xxxxxxx>, <marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <masstana@xxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2008 14:01:33 -0500

This is one of the things I have been against for years.  This big weekends
draw most of the handlers the poor specialities that are out side of the group
but close enough to loose all the handlers. The handlers fly across country and
you just out of luck.  Ya i know use a junior but we do not have may juniors
around and most of us sure can't take our own dogs in.

sally> From: nancy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> To: Scharo777@xxxxxxx;
marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx; MASSTANA@xxxxxxx; showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> Subject: [
SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Entries> Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2008 14:44:19 -0500> > Please read
Carol's email carefully, much food for thought.> Nancy> ----- Original Message
----- > From: <Scharo777@xxxxxxx>> To: <marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>;
<MASSTANA@xxxxxxx>; <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>> Sent: Thursday, March 20, 2008
12:43 PM> Subject: [ SHOWGSD-L ] Entries> > > > In a message dated 3/19/2008
7:23:03 P.M. Central Daylight Time,> marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:> but this
year Sacramento and Reno....with> the Futurity and a lot of innovative work
putting together four shows in> two> days and> following the futurity we have
four 5 pt. majors........and that is with> the> smallest Futurity> across the
Country. Maybe those coming to our Futurity wouldn't go to any> if they had> to
travel to Seattle......or S. Calif. or Arizona???> > > > I must totally agree
with Carolyn. It is up to us to become more> innovative. The circuit put
together in California was most attractive. 6> specialty> shows and 2
futurities in 10 days.> > For the clubs in more isolated areas, I think
combining shows is becoming> almost a necessity. People are much more likely to
spend the gas to drive> a> long distance if they can attend 4 major shows
instead of two iffy ones.> Combine a futurity with that, with carefully
selected judges, and you should> have> a home run.> I understand it is hard on
the handlers. But they can make a bunch of money> one weekend and perhaps rest
the next. Someone complained that a four show> weekend does not give you enough
time to visit with old friends, but I fear> we> must trade less leisure time at
shows for better entries and more points.> It is eventually going to come down
to a bottom line for any club.> Other specialty clubs are successfully
combining with all breed circuits,> having their specialty shows in the
evening. That seems to really work> well> too.> Some exhibitors are willing to
carry an extra young dog or one in training> to help support entries. That is a
big help also, and it is really> appreciated. So the next time you enter that
dog that needs a major to> finish, think> about bring that up and coming one
who is not really ready yet. It may> hold> the major for you.> This is really a
time for clubs to reach out to each other and support each> other.> Carol
Moore> > > > **************Create a Home Theater Like the Pros. Watch the video
on AOL> Home.>
(http://home.aol.com/diy/home-improvement-eric-stromer?video=15?ncid=aolhom0>
0030000000001)> > >
============================================================================>
POST is Copyrighted 2007. All material remains the property of the original>
author and of GSD Communication, Inc. NO REPRODUCTIONS or FORWARDS of any> kind
are permitted without prior permission of the original author AND of> the
Showgsd-l Management. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.> > ALL PERSONS ARE ON NOTICE THAT
THE FORWARDING, REPRODUCTION OR USE IN ANY> MANNER OF ANY MATERIAL WHICH
APPEARS ON SHOWGSD-L WITHOUT THE EXPRESS> PERMISSION OF ALL PARTIES TO THE POST
AND THE LIST MANAGEMENT IS EXPRESSLY> FORBIDDEN, AND IS A VIOLATION OF LAW.
VIOLATORS OF THIS PROHIBITION WILL BE> PROSECUTED.> > For assistance, please
contact the List Management at admin@xxxxxxxxxxxx> > VISIT OUR WEBSITE -
www.showgsd.org>
Showgsd-l Management. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. > > ALL PERSONS ARE ON NOTICE THAT
THE FORWARDING, REPRODUCTION OR USE IN ANY MANNER OF ANY MATERIAL WHICH APPEARS
ON SHOWGSD-L WITHOUT THE EXPRESS PERMISSION OF ALL PARTIES TO THE POST AND THE
LIST MANAGEMENT IS EXPRESSLY FORBIDDEN, AND IS A VIOLATION OF LAW. VIOLATORS OF
THIS PROHIBITION WILL BE PROSECUTED. > > For assistance, please contact the
List Management at admin@xxxxxxxxxxxx> > VISIT OUR WEBSITE - www.showgsd.org>
Watch ?Cause Effect,? a show about real people making a real difference.  Learn
more.