[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Entries

  • From: caggra@xxxxxxx
  • To: almanya@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2008 12:52:55 -0400

Yes, that calendar does help but regional clubs must also take into account the
many all breed shows/circuits.? Many clubs have been asked to move their shows
dates - either to allow for other clubs hosting futurities nearby or told they
could not hold a futurity on a Monday (non-holiday) and would have to have the
Futurity on the weekend and their 2nd specialty on the Fri or Mon.? However, as
we see this year there are multiple Futurities being held on non-Holiday
weekdays - Northeast on a Friday and Mid-Atlantic on a Monday.?? Evidentially
things are not always fair play in regards to Futurities.?
On another but similar note, our club was asked to give up a Futurity after we
were awarded it because it conflicted with a neighboring regions Futurity.?? We
were told if we did we were?GUARANTEED it in 2009, by the Futurity Chairman.?
Guess what??? 2009 has gone to Detroit.? So now our club will suffer as we
banked on having a Futurity every so many years to keep us going with extra
profit and after we were awarded it, evidentially have been left out.??

My point is that Terry Cochran is right, we cannot count on the PC or others to
help us.? If your club is not jumping in and doing whatever it can to court and
keep performance people involved in your club, then you had better start now.??

Jeff Pyle