[ SHOWGSD-L ] Entries

  • From: "Helen Franklin" <helen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2008 17:35:12 -0700

Due to the increasing expenses such as gas etc., maybe the Clubs wil have to
get together and plan cluster shows that do not conflict with other shows.
Maybe this is the beginning of a new era in showing and shows.  Maybe we will
need to coordinate weekends and clusters by area's so that it is a win, win for
all.
Helen Franklin

In a message dated 3/20/2008 2:56:21 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
It really is simple....one trip...the
same four choices you would have with two trips and two weekends of
traveling and motels
and making arrangements for the dogs at home and paying for the handlers two
trips also.
Maybe I'm simple.........it sure seems simple to me.
It's the same simplicity as to what will happen if they cut down on Futurity
choices.

While the above is true, this type of arrangement may force other clubs
which host shows that same weekend to fold. Other clubs which draw from the
same
given area but are not within the 200 mileage range will probably fail to
draw any sizeable entry. It will be tough to compete against 4 shows plus a
futurity. However, I admit, I don't know what the answer is to the problem.

Tish