[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: EH ??

  • From: "Kathy Tank" <rbuffdogs@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: TISHW@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 5 Oct 2008 11:10:24 -0700

Again, Not necessarily talking about random, that was a case in point, I am
talking about winners of any PC conformation award...FV, MV, Selects etc.
These are not AKC awards, but comprise most of the reasons why people go,
and have a huge impact on the way many breed, based on that.
If (and this is ONLY an example) the PC mandates at it's annual National
meeting or any of them, that "Starting on this date, we will implement D and
D testing for all Select, Futurity Maturity Finalist winners at the
National"  It is done in a manner say a year or six months prior, to even
all the guilty to clean up their acts.   You will KNOW going in that you
WILL be tested if you are awarded one of these wins....so too the WD/ WB
that goes Select...so it will have a trickle down effect to a degree.
(anyone believing they have a serious shot at WD/WB and Select, probably
won't chance trying to cheat the dye test)
The membership is notified well in advance of the National that this will
take place.  If you insist that you are against it, you are free not to
show.    It removes any liability from the judges/ ring stewards ....it is a
hair snip, non-invasive.
If the hair snip comes back positive, then the dog loses the Award, and
whatever sanctions take place against owner or whomever, do so.   But just
losing the Award may be enough.  I would take it one step further and
publish the name of the dogs that failed the D/D test , in the Review.
Stating whether it was drug or dye or both that they failed.  You wouldn't
even have to list names of owners.
I am more than happy, honored to start a petitiion for this.  I would like
to research further, the ABCs of how this gets done.  I know it is not that
difficult, because it is done by our European folks every year at the
largest GSD show in the world.

Random, no, but STATED, winners only....that is a start..for sure.

Kathy Tank

 http://www.victorygermanshepherds.com
Home of :
CH. Elvaston's Nations Cup TC, 26 BOBs
CH. Victory's Leviathan
CH. Garter's E-Male of Fran-Jo Anne Isle

WEBSITE PUP-DATED SEPT 22, 2008