[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: EH ??

  • From: "Kathy Tank" <rbuffdogs@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, gsd0110@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 4 Oct 2008 23:11:39 -0700

Date: Sat, Oct 4, 2008 at 11:01 PM
Subject: Re: [ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: EH ??
To: gsd0110@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hello Gary
Yes, we have all seen the dogs that are so badly dyed, they look like it's
been applied with a paintball gun , by a colorblind shooter....lol.....sadly
they exist and some win on even a National level.  I dare say a very high
percentage of Selects would not pass dye testing ,certainly not from what I
witnessed last year.

I remember very well the conversation about "Joe" when we were blessed to
have him come here...and I remember, smiling the comment you made about
him....."don't worry...it won't wash off, lol"   He is the real deal.
We have a glorious litter of his puppies, now four mos, that are the
reddest  GSDs this side of the German Seiger show we have ever seen, or
certainly have ever bred.  We marvel at the depth of the pigment both red
and black....natural, and achieved in ONE generation.
That is what confounds me, and others...Pigmentation is SO easily fixed in a
single generation..much easier than temperament, structure, other
things...yet it is the most abused AKC regulation we see.
We all espouse wanting to "better the breed".  We all cry out for genome
testing,  and health certifications from nose to toe....and honesty from
stud and bitch owners...and yet, some of the most prolific kennels and well
known owners in the breed, on each coast and in-between, think the FRAUD of
dyeing is OK???
I laugh when I see the progeny of these dogs....white, creme, a faded
charcoal for saddles...
from a black and red stud, and black and red bitch??HAHAHAHAHAHAH....but sad
for the owners of the puppies.
THERE SIMPLY IS NO EXCUSE FOR IT.  This is epidemic, no matter what some may
wish you to believe, who have interestingly been involved with the issue in
the past, yet claim..."hear no evil, see no evil and OMG, would certainly
NEVER do no evil" ..no not them
This is not a "no harm, no foul".   People are changing the appearances of
the dogs to the point where saddles are being fabricated, where none
exist...faces are darkened, and faulty tans and creams are suddenly some
Clairol or whatever color number???? what?    Ironically, most do it badly,
either out of lack of skill or lack of give a crap, because they haven't
been nailed for it...they are "above " it.
Some claim, they don't do it themselves.....but funny they allow their
handlers and conditioners to do it, ad nauseum...so that they can sit
piously themselves and defend" Oh I NEVER"........and look the other way.
Want to better the breed folks?  Lets start simply, non evasively, MANDATORY
DYE TEST...GUILTY PARTIES SUSPENDED FROM THE PC FOR TWO YEARS.....DRUG
TESTING...GUILTY PARTIES...YOU ARE GONE FOR LIFE....
Let's see where the rubber meets the road...or are we going to get the same
ole BS of ..."oh but"
"let's not pick on anyone"  , what about this excuse or that?  ..blah blah
blah....
ITS TIME HAS COME and there simply is NO excuse not to .
Kathy Tank

...http://www.victorygermanshepherds.com
Home of :
CH. Elvaston's Nations Cup TC, 26 BOBs
CH. Victory's Leviathan
CH. Garter's E-Male of Fran-Jo Anne Isle

WEBSITE PUP-DATED SEPT 22, 2008