[ SHOWGSD-L ] Canadian National

  • From: Bob Stevenson <trimblyn@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: Show List <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2013 23:12:37 +0000

Judging by the calls and emails I am receiving, there seems to be a lot of
people confused regardingthe show rules for the Canadian National, particularly
in regards to conflicts when entering a dog.First of all let me state that the
GSDCC National Specialty, like all other shows in Canada, is rununder the
Canadian Kennel Club conformation show rules and regulations.
The American Kennel Club show rules do not apply to Canadian Shows!!
So that there is hopefully no more confusion I have decided to send the
applicable sections to the list,
Section 4.1.6 - No person shall enter or exhibit a dog under a judge which that
judge has owned,conditioned, trained, bred to, sold, handled, held under lease,
boarded or held in residency within6 months prior to the date of the show at
which he officiates as a judge.  This rule shall apply regardlessof whether the
judge benefited in any way from any of the aforementioned activities.  It is
the responsibilityof the owner to see that this rule is not violated.
Section 4.1.7 - In cases where a judge, or any member of a judge's immediate
family, employs the servicesof an agent, said agent shall not handle any dog
under this judge during, and for a period of four (4) monthsfollowing
termination  of such employment.
It's pretty simple once you read the sections, if you co-own a dog with a judge
don't show that dog tothat judge.  If you are a handler and you have handled,
trained, boarded, etc. a dog for a judge, don't showunder that judge if you
worked for him/her within the 4 months of the date of the show.
Have a great summer showing your dogs and I hope to see you all at the Canadian
National in September.
Bob Stevenson