[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Canadian National

  • From: PAGAIRS@xxxxxxx
  • To: edwinx@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2007 12:10:59 EDT

In a message dated 7/18/2007 10:42:46 AM Central Daylight Time,
edwinx@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
I have only been to one...it was weeks after the 9-11 tragedy in the
U.S...the late great Dick Whalen and the still here great Cappy Pottle were the
judges...the Canadian National was very relaxed at a time when many of us were
un-nerved and semi-depressed, of at least I was....the Canadians as far as how
they
conduct their shows are really outstanding...

I remember that national, it was in BC, our kids thought we were nuts flying
to a national right after 9-11.  If I remember the planes stated flying again
about 3 days before we were supposed to leave.  It was a very special national
as far as everyone came together...lots of hugs and kisses when we all met
there.  We still have one of the caps that they were selling with the US and
Canadian flags joined together on it. It was a special time that we all came
together united.

Patty Szymczak