[ SHOWGSD-L ] Brag

  • From: Jami Vander Kooi <thekooiet@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 17 May 2011 14:24:59 -0700 (PDT)

16 Days behind on a brag, but I still wanted to let you all know!
Our girl, Windfall's Sexy Chick V. Winstrom aka "Elle" went BIF under Kathy
Casteel on May 1st, ast the Southeast Futurity. This is super awesome for Jeff
and I, especially as we are still newbies in the dog showing world!  (When are
we not considered new anymore? ;) )  We have been surrounded by amazing
suporters, mentors, and friends who continue to guide us along, helping us take
careful steps through our life-long commitment to the German Shepherd Dog.  To
our friends who were there, thank-you for giving Jeff hugs and many
congratulations.
A huge thank-you to breeder and handler of Elle, Jeff Pyle, who is one of the
most extraordinary people I know. JP, thank-you for trusting us with her, for
handling her to perfection, and simply, for being such an amazing friend.

Besides this brag and most importantly, I want you all to know that our "dog"
friends have become our family, and I always look forward to another weekend to
be with you.  I am continually in awe at the support you show to one another,
the sportsmanship you exhibit, and the kindness and hospitality you give.
On occasion, we unfortunately see the opposite of this happen; however while
the bad occurs, the good thankfully far outweighs it.  If you see the "bad"
happening, I ask you to always be thoughtful, diligent, and helpful, as you
continue to persevere through it.  And remember, without good, encouraging
people like you, people like us would have given up long before we even really
started.
Jami Vander Kooi