[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Are we that important?

  • From: Stormy435@xxxxxxx
  • To: Rbuffdogs@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2006 23:21:31 EDT

When I was left with Casper, Jim's dog, I was left with a dog that didn't
know where to go, where to sleep, where to eat.    Casper went with Jim every
day
to help Jim build a house, check out a property, chase dogs off whatever
property Jim was on, and to alert Jim when people walked on whatever property
was
"theirs' at the moment.   And let those that were on whatever property, that
they were there with the permission of Casper.
I thought long and hard about it, then told my friend and pup buyer, Barbara,
about my problem.    She found a couple with a strong male figure (yeah, a
retired cop LOL, about as close to the strong silent kind as we could find),
and
we made a date to meet.   Casper had nothing to do with the woman, but went
to the man like he was waiting for him.   He went home with them for the
weekend, slept by the man's side of the bed, and waited by the door for the man
come home.   I am told it took almost a year for Casper to truly bond with the
woman, but the decision to let him have a "man" again was the right one.   I
still miss my Casper.

it all depends.

Stormy Hope
UPDATED 2/11/06....CHECK IT OUT!!!!