[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Are we that important?

  • From: InquestGSD@xxxxxxx
  • To: arelee@xxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2006 21:11:14 EDT

In a message dated 4/30/2006 7:35:23 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
arelee@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:
The  final disposition of any dog is difficult, no matter what the reason.  I
believe that to be a personal choice based on individual circumstances. I  am
sure none of us  take that final decision lightly.

Beryl  Eshom

one day I  may be on the other side of the fence joining the animal  rights
folks...what exactly are we doing ?...Ed  Hill

Beryl has explained this the best.

We have planned, officially and in writing, what will become of our pets
should anything happen to us.  We have the confidence that my brother and  my
kids can follow thru with these plans.  This planning makes you  face your own
mortality, to say the least.

These arrangements were as hard as any other I had to make for my kids, my
aunts, my grandparents......but I trust most of my animals will do well, with
one exception.  That was probably the one that hurt the most. And I pray it
never comes to happen.

Animal right activists have been known for killing animals just because
there are too many to care for, there was a case not long ago in the  media.
Peta
(for example) donates very little money to support shelters  and feed
animals, most of their money goes to propaganda, so I don't believe  they are a
group
I will be joining any time soon.

I don't think anyone is talking about systematically and purposefully
killing any dogs.
But the reality is that sometimes you have to euthanize an animal for a
valid reason.
Killing any animal is hard on me.  I  have had dogs put to sleep  because of
severe aggression issues.  And these animals weren't even mine,  they were in
shelters, and could not be rescued.  I cried then, and I cry  now remembering.

I don't think moving is a valid reason, it burns me every time I hear that.
But I think safety and very poor health, with no quality of life, are  valid
reasons.

JMO

Ileana