[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: AKC Reps re: VENTING (long)

  • From: "Peggy" <pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <Stormy435@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2007 22:11:10 -0500

I can't believe you said that!  Even at the National, ringside seats get in
the way of people running around like crazy people, banging into others,
tripping, etc.
   The part that bothers me is that it seems the majority of people who make
a scene when doubling are in the wrong place when they call to their dog
anyway...
   Good doubling is not noticeable...we used to give doubling classes here
towards that end...but there are still people who think they have to be
obnoxious about it.
  I rememberonce at an all breed show in New Jersey (or Pennsylvania,
mayabe)  telling someone, years ago, to stop...no matter what they did they
were BEHIND the dog when they called...I pointed to a place where the woman
should go, and then, the next time I moved the dog, nobody called her.  I
turned around and looked at the poor woman and shouted CALL HER NOW!!!!!!!
    Henry Dancosse was the handler in question, and I thought he was going
to die laughing...........

   Anyway, most of the time the doubling in my part of the country is
discrete and pretty reasonable...but I HAVE seen some mighty disruptive
doubling...almost always not at all necessary.
      Peggy (and I DO NOT run and I am an excellent doubler)