[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: AKC Reps re: VENTING (long)

  • From: "Peggy" <pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <Stormy435@xxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2007 18:13:42 -0500

It is not the steward's job to watch for double handling, or even to watch
anything else that is going on.  The steward is there to make the judge's
job easier...
let the judge know who's reported absent, call the classes in, etc.
Anything else and the steward is not doing his or her job.

    I have run across some pretty snotty stewards in my day...and I ask for
them to be replaced.  I can judge and steward for myself if I have to...and
sometimes,
I have to because the stewards are useless, altho most of the time they are
great.   Whoever this person Stormy is talking about may be, it is the
judge's fault for tolerating that.  Also, depending on who your reps were at
the time, there was one out on the left coast who was a real
PITA...........he's retired now.

  Helen is right that Connie was a tough rep, but she was nothing compared
to Ray Scott...thank heaven neither is a Rep any longer.  One time when I
was judging and Terry Hower waved to one of his owners to get away from the
ring, Ray wanted me to throw him out for doubling.  I told him he was
nuts...how could he be holding the lead and doubling at the same time?  I
said if he wanted to learn what doubling was really about, he needed to
spend a few years around the specialty ring and not make up crazy things.
Mike Sauve was terrible about it when he was in the northeast...he had a
particular problem with Billy Rossi...any time I put up a dog that Billy was
handling, Michael would lecture me...........of course I ignored him!

    The AKC doesn't care if the Field Reps pimp for certain dogs........they
don't care about much they do, actually, no matter how wrong they are.
That's why I say to tell them you are considering bringing charges for
assault!  I would, in the case of John Vaught, let the Kennel Club know,
too, that people who were ostensibly in the employ of the club on the day
(stewards???) were also now liable to face an assault charge.

    Isn't  Debbie Hokkanen  President of one of those all breed clubs?  I
think she is.........where was she while all this was going on???????????
Peggy