[sac-board] Re: SAC Handout for 2007

  • From: Paul Dickson <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: sac-board@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2006 14:00:06 -0700

On Tue, 21 Nov 2006 13:30:03 -0500, Tom Polakis wrote:

> "SAC members meet about every four weeks for both general meetings
> and star parties, and regularly conducts and supports public
> programs on astronomy."
>
> "Members is plural" so you have to change the verbs to "conduct" and
> "support" or better yet, two sentences: "...and star parties.  SAC
> regularly conducts and supports..."  Also, "monthly" may not be
> exactly correct, but it's far easier to read than "about every four
> weeks".

Thanks!

I merged in most of your suggestions.  The new printer arrived after I
posted my original message and I was able to read the handout in a
different context (meaning printed).

Of the above suggestion, I changed the "about every four weeks" to
"regularly", then in the next sentence, I changed that "regularly" to
"also":
    SAC members meet regularly for both general meetings and star parties.
    SAC also conducts and supports public programs on astronomy.

Thanks Susan.  The words offers and provides were equally good, so it was
pretty much a coin toss to decide.

The map on page 2 became more readable at 600 dpi than at 300 dpi.