[sac-board] Re: SAC Handout for 2007

  • From: Paul Dickson <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: sac-board@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2006 08:15:51 -0700

On Tue, 21 Nov 2006 20:23:03 -0700, Paul Dickson wrote:

> On Tue, 21 Nov 2006 16:27:42 -0700, Peter Argenziano wrote:
>
> > It looks like everyone has suggested all of the appropriate editorial
> > changes. I'd like to add another suggestion, one having more to do with
> > layout and readability, as well as user-friendliness. A tri-fold layout is
> > much better format for such informational flyers. In addition to looking
> > more professional, they also take up less space at the point of display
> > (and
> > that's important when you are asking a retailer to make them available for
> > distribution).
> >
> > If you would like to prepare a tri-fold layout  and send me the finished
> > product, I'll get them printed in the requested quantity (in color, of
> > course). If you'd rather not attempt the imposition necessary for this
> > layout ,I'd be happy to do that given the graphic images as separate files.
> > Or, if you'd rather not change the layout - that's OK too. I'll still take
> > care of the printing.
>
> I'll change the format, but it might take a couple of days.

Time flies...

    http://members.cox.net/paul.dickson/sac-handout.pdf

This is a test version.

There is new text to fill some of the empty space and that should be
checked.

Also the SAC logo looks horrible (smudged) when printed.  I want to take
a look at it.

I'm not sure of the folding locations.  Some suggestions as to those
positions and widths (of text and gutters) would be greatly appreciated.
My printer doesn't currently print in landscape.  I can sometimes get the
second page that way, but not the first.  UPS will be delivering extra
RAM for the day-old printer today, so that will hopefully resolved this
issue (as well as others).

I also uploaded:

    http://members.cox.net/paul.dickson/sac-maps.pdf

Six maps to six sites.