[sac-board] Re: SAC 2002 Budget and 2003 Recommendations

  • From: "Thad Robosson" <starstarcracker@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: sac-board@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 8 Jun 2002 07:52:15 -0700

> As far as I know, the club has gathered nothing in the past two years.
> I guess you're talking about the Grants and Scholarship donations.
> That stuff does not belong to SAC, but to that fund.  Selling those
> items will not help SAC.

What does SAC have in it's possession?  I thought that it had a reasonable
library....

> Jack and I discussed the idea of a swap meet to sell items.  He felt
> it was a bad idea because items would end up going to whoever showed
> up first and we would find it difficult to track what was paid for and
> what wasn't, and people bringing in the items would not have a change
> to purchase things (unless they only carried in what they wanted to
> buy).  It would be much better to auction off the items.

Auction for any of SAC's items would be the best way to do that, perhaps a
silent one
would be better/quicker.  But why not expand/promote the Show/Tell section a
bit to include anyone
who brings something (not club stuff) to sell.  I don't imagine that you'd have
more than a couple of
items every month, and the months that do have a large number of items would
only make the meetings
a bit more interesting, and most of that business could be conducted at the
break.  I believe that a less
"informal" meeting setting would make them more enjoyable.  Not that we should
do away with the
biz part, which seems to be much more under control now than last year, but
keep the "biz" to a minimum.

Does this add anything useful?

Thad