[sac-board] Re: May Meeting Date

  • From: gene lucas <geneluca@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: sac-board@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 04 Mar 2008 13:12:14 -0700

I would more-or-less be in favor of this proposed schedule change,
although the SAC meeting (if moved to May 16) would then coincide with
the date for the May EVAC meeting.  I will be out of town at RTMC in CA
for the SAC meeting date as now scheduled (May 23rd), as I am sure a
number of other SAC members will be.  (I am also planning on attending
the SAS meeting in Big Bear Lake earlier that week.)
This is indeed a difficult year in re: meeting date conflicts....
An alternative suggestion >might< be to move the SAC meeting two weeks
earlier, to Friday, May 9th, three days after New Moon... Considering
observing, that Friday features an early evening Moon.... That would be
an adequate interval from the April 11th meeting the month before, IMHO....
It's certainly not a perfect world...  (choices, choices....)

FYI, the EVAC web page has this to say about their planned May 16th
meeting and speaker:
 >>May 16th - Clyde Hostetter, Professor Emeritus California Polytechnic
State University, will talk about a 112-year eclipse cycle and synodic
periods of Venus that apparently nobody had noticed before, plus a lot
more. <<

I am confident Jenn Polakis will conjure up an even more interesting May
speaker for SAC!!

Cheers,
Gene Lucas
(17250)