[sac-board] Re: May Meeting Date

  • From: Steve D. <fester00@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <sac-board@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2008 19:42:25 -0700

I banged my head quite a bit coming up with dates this year that didn't
conflict with EVAC, as 2/3 of them did before.  I hadn't even considered RTMC.
It's all the same to me-I'm just as terrified in front of 10 as 40, so whatever
you guys think is fine by me.

That said, my druthers are to keep it the same, just because of aforementioned
head-banging and published dates in newsletters, web pages, calendars and any
word of mouth that may still occur.

How many board members would rather go to RTMC than SAC meeting?  Why not let
that be "the decider".

Steve Dodder
President, Saguaro Astronomy Club
Director, Stone Haven Observatory

fester00@xxxxxxxxxxx

http://www.stargazing.net/Astroman

> Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2008 13:53:10 -0500
> From: tpolakis@xxxxxxx
> To: SAC-Board@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: [sac-board] May Meeting Date
>
> Just yesterday, Rick Rotramel mentioned that the SAC meeting on May 23
> coincides with the first day of RTMC Astronomy Expo.
>
> I know it's only two months away, but I wonder if the Board would consider
> moving that meeting date to May 16 (which I recognize then coincides with
> EVAC).  We have a pretty large number of SAC members who go to RTMC.  I'm not
> sure, but this may be the first time that SAC has scheduled a SAC meeting
> over the top of RTMC.
>
> The moon will be very near Full on the 16th.
>
> I can speak for the VP when I say that she has not yet scheduled a May
> speaker.
>
> Tom

Need to know the score, the latest news, or you need your Hotmail®-get your
"fix".