[rollei_list] Re: The new Fuji will be sold as.

  • From: "Richard Knoppow" <dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2008 16:12:56 -0700

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jerry Lehrer" <glehrer@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, October 02, 2008 3:27 PM
Subject: [rollei_list] Re: The new Fuji will be sold as.

Richard,

Before you embarrass yourself, check your facts on the first f2 Ektar as used on the Bantam Special at 47mm. Vigilants always were roll film cameras. Of course, I may be wrong.

If you need any information on the 80mm f2.8 Ektar as supplied to H'blad, contact Oscar Heinneman, as he transplanted one in an original 2.8 Rollei which had an unsharp lens (mismatched) It was indeed a 5 element Heliar type. I may be wrong here too, but I doubt it,

Jerry

Not fact checking but bad memory. It was indeed the Bamtam Special, not the Vigilant. The Bandam Special was also a sort of Art-Deco design, an interesting camera.

--
Richard Knoppow
Los Angeles, CA, USA